Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Love Spring Time at the NC Farmer's Market






It's officially springtime at the NC Farmer's Market... Purple asparagus, red ripe strawberries, red spring onions(who knew?), bags of rinsed baby spinach, bunches of cilantro and still plenty of butternut squash, onions, apples, and sweet potatoes left from fall.

~*TIP: When I get home from the market, I fill one side of the sink with cold water and a douse of white vinegar and the other side with cold water and a sprinkle of baking soda. I wash off my fruits/veggies in one side, then the other, and let them air dry on towels before bagging them up for the fridge. This way they're already clean of anything nasty when you're ready to use them, and you save water by doing it once rather than rinsing every time.*~

No comments:

Post a Comment