Friday, May 7, 2010

Spring has sprung, and it's about to fly away...

A few weeks ago, while trimming our bushes, I discovered a bird's nest with four little blue eggs in it.  I now understand what "robin's egg blue" means.  :)  I've been monitoring the eggs ever since.  I take pictures of them from time to time, but mama does not like that very much.  She squawks and squawks at me whenever I go over there.  As soon as I'm gone, she's back to flying and forth to the nest again with tasty treats for all of them.  So far we have a 100% success rate!  All four eggs have hatched, and all four little birds are still there, but everyday they get more feathers (last pic is most recent), and everyday we're closer to them flying away! Check them out...

4 comments:

  1. How many times do you think my little family watched this slide show? Obsessed...that is your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! derek took a little video of them, so we'll have to send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still waiting for our birdy video....I was asked today for Aunt Maes birds! 4 eggs...HA HA HA (the Count)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. derek is trying to figure out how to get videos off of his phone. lol. also, I checked today, and the birdies are gone! They're all grown up and flew away. :(

    ReplyDelete